119/365: Ishtar Gate on Flickr.
Week two of my “Art through the Ages” collaboration with Glenda. Her photo should be up soon!
Next on the timeline is Mesopotamian art. The Ishtar Gate was the eighth gate to the inner city of Babylon constructed in 575 B.C.
Inspired by the blues and golds…and the lions of course. I was thinking about how to incorporate them and then I remembered I have a mane of my own.
Somewhat awkward shooting this since I live in such an urban area…this brick wall is the backside of a restaurant facing a parking lot. Getting pretty comfortable doing odd things with strangers watching. I’m pretty satisfied with how this turned out. :)
- sonicgory reblogged this from turnlepaige
- bearfect reblogged this from allmesopotamia
- wolfsmilk likes this
- justconsiderthelilies likes this
- rudimick reblogged this from allmesopotamia
- rudimick likes this
- historiated likes this
- nolandwithoutstones reblogged this from allmesopotamia
- nolandwithoutstones likes this
- allmesopotamia reblogged this from turnlepaige
- turnlepaige posted this